November 27, 2008
Kyoto Palace Karaoke
So, my birthday was on Saturday, but since my sister and I both work weekends, we all decided to go out for my birthday dinner the night before Thanksgiving (yesterday, as it turns out). Well, my sister's a vegetarian, my dad is pretty much against all cheese, my mom hates sushi and teriyaki (the rest of us love sushi) and I don't like most vegetables, so it's pretty hard to find someplace all four of us can agree on for food, which generally leaves Kyoto Palace as our usual place for dinners out. It's a hibachi grill, by the way. Anyway, last night was Wednesday, and apparently, they do karaoke there from 7-11. So, my sister and I both like to sing and we're good, too. So, during dinner, we decided we were totally gonna do karaoke after dinner. Anyway, we conned Mom & Dad into staying after dinner so we could do karaoke. Okay, so Mom went done to the car cuz she had a migraine. Anyway, so my sister and I signed up for our songs and waited and listened to everybody. Also, we were clearly the only sober people there. After probably 30 minutes or so, my sister was up. She sang Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. She did a great job, but unfortunately, it was a little hard to hear her. =( Oh well. Anyway, I was up after her and sang Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves. I thought I was terrible, but my sister said I did great. So, yay! =) Karaoke rules!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
*to the tune of the opening of Beethoven's 5th* Nobody's home...Nobody's home.
Post a Comment